Forum

Prioritize to build a more just and equitable world

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@juan-sandoval)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

The Knarrative framework centers Africans by emphasizing their agency and their role in shaping their own history. It does this by highlighting the contributions of African leaders, thinkers, and artists. It also encourages students to learn about African history from the perspectives of Africans themselves.

The standards in my state do not adequately reflect the diversity of African cultures and experiences. They focus primarily on the history of North Africa and Egypt, and they do not give enough attention to the history of sub-Saharan Africa. The standards also do not include any information about African art, music, or literature.

By learning about African art, music, or literature we can gain a better understanding of the world we live in and the challenges that Africans have faced.

I would also argue that African studies is important because it can help to promote tolerance and understanding between different cultures. By learning about African history and culture, we can learn to appreciate the diversity of the human experience. We can also learn to challenge stereotypes and prejudices about Africans.

I believe that African studies should be a part of every student's education. It is an important part of our history and culture, and it can help us to build a more just and equitable world.

(@jamie-lathan)
Member Admin

Excellent job, Juan. Thank you so much for sharing! African Studies can help to create more equity and understanding among different cultures.

ReplyQuote